! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums
My name is Georgi
and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
- I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
- Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
- Instructions that I give are for your system only!
- Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
- Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
- Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.
Try to download the already renamed RKill
files from one of the 3 links below and save it to your desktop.
- Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Double-click on one of the renamed Rkill files on your desktop to run it.
- A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
- If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply
If you get a message that RKill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by MS Removal Tool
when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it.
If you run into these infections warnings that close RKill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run RKill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that RKill can terminate MS Removal Tool
. So, please try running RKill until the malware is no longer running.
Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again.STEP 2Run Scan with Malwarebytes
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.STEP 3
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
After rebooting, you may need to execute one of the renamed RKILL files again.
Then please do this:We need to run an OTL Custom Scan
- Please download OTL from the link below:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- OTL should now start. Change the following settings:
- Click on Scan All Users checkbox given at the top.
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized