Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible format problem

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Davkal

Davkal

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Really didnt know how to word this question. I have a friend using Vista that has very recently had a problem - in her words:
'but the format is not turning out right.. its printing all the way across the screen.'
seems when she is trying to post in blogs or Facebook this happens, seems the way i understand it is when she start typing it stretchs out all the way across her screen.

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix it would be appreciated - i need simple terms so she can fix it herself if possible.

Thanks.

Edited by Davkal, 30 March 2011 - 04:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi there,

After reading your post with description from your friend, it seems that she has malware on her system.
What must she do now? I think that she is smart when she make an account here on Bleeping Computer and make a post in Am I infected forum.
I can sure you, that the Hijackthis members can help your friend.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hi there,

After reading your post with description from your friend, it seems that she has malware on her system.

What leads to to that conclusion?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

<<...its printing all the way across the screen...>>

The only time I have ever seen such...is when using Wordpad/Notepad or something similar to edit/create a text file...and wordwrap is not selected in the program options.

Are we talking about onscreen print...or is your friend actually trying to print...when this happens?

Louis

#5 Davkal

Davkal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

the way i understand it its when she is typing something like a note or blog, eeven making a comment to someone elses posting.
i hadnt thought of the word wrap thing at all, i will have to check on that with her

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

What happens if you use a different browser?

#7 Davkal

Davkal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

malware - can you explain what makes you think its malware so i can explain it to her, she is not that computer savvy

#8 Davkal

Davkal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

i asked if she had another browser, hoping she did but she doesnt , yet
trying to get her to d/l Firefox an see if it happens using it

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

malware - can you explain what makes you think its malware so i can explain it to her, she is not that computer savvy

I was being polite in my post above.. There's no reason to think malware is involved in this problem.

#10 Davkal

Davkal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

thanks Allan, i didnt think there was any malware connected to this issue, but it sure has me stumped right now, i dont ever remember hearing of this problem before,, its just odd
but i am checking on the word wrap possibility

#11 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

If it happens on every post it's definitely odd. I've seen formatting problems with certain posts on forums, but not all of them.

#12 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

@Davkal,

You asked, were did I lead that it is malware.
I was reading your message and then I saw your description, I said: It seems that is malware. I don't know what you do understand under seems, seems is for me, could be, but it is possible not true.

The possibility is there that it is not malware and that your friend does things what she doesn't know, however, the things that a human does without to know what to do, is not so big.
I say, it is better that she makes an account and ask help in the topic Am I Infected.
What for reason have you or she for not to do?
Okay I gave advice and it is up your friend what she want to do.

#13 Davkal

Davkal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

Allan it does happen on every post she makes,, she doesnt have another browser,, its gotten real complicated - she asked what IE was,, i think she has a problem with no way to fix it since i live no where close to her to help her out, trying to find a mutual friend who lives close an can help her.

thanks

#14 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Well, regardless of skill level it can't be that difficult to download and install Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari

Edited by Allan, 01 April 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#15 Davkal

Davkal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

hopefully she will get Firefox downloaded ok, then we will see what happens an maybe if she is still having a problem it can be narrowed down more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users