Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser hijack tubby,trojan agent\gen-winlog[fake]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beth102

Beth102

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

I tried to get atubecatcher at download.com CNET and got this tubby. I had assumed download.com run by cnet was safe; well it is NOT safe and now I have a big problem again. Nothing is free...too bad freeware is so infected. Funny but I went to open atubecatcher and immediately got notified home page on Windows Explorer was changed-then began the losing battle. I tried doing just restore of windowsfiles which allowed my computer to function after freezing then I did this:
I used RKill
rkill stopped c:\windows\regedit.exe
c:\windows\system 32\verclsid.exe
and super antispy first time go trojan\agentgen-winlogon[fake][r1 iterm]
rebooted, loaded rkill
then got trojan agent/gen\ie fake got 2 of those
trojan agent/gen-explorer fake
trojan agent/gen-ped
rebooted, rkill again
rkill terminated c:\windows\system32\verclside.exe
this time
trojan agent\gen=ie fake 2
trojan agent\gen=explorer fake
trojan agent/gen-pec

rebooted, rkill again
terminated c:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\documents and settings\hp_administrator\desktop\explorer.exe
c:\windows\system3\verclsid.exe
super anti spy brought up same 3 trojans above

So how serious are these infections? I am going out to figure out how to backup operating system on this network I am using now. Let me know what you think of the above but I am thinking I have to do another clean install.

One other thing. If I decide to use KILL DISK this time, how do I get from that back to bringing up windows. I was afraid to do it last time. Can you tell me how to use KILL DISK to wipe off hard drive so bugs can never be recovered, then get back to the bios to boot from the CD drive....thanks also any idea how long KILLDISK will take on a 200 gig drive? Thanks!

Edited by Budapest, 30 March 2011 - 04:14 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Beth102

Beth102
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

I just did a clean install...my data is not on there so just as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users