Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix warning on XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 monello

monello

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hello everyone , i'm new here and i would thank you for your precious help. I need it badly please !
After reading about Combofix on internet i've tried it on my pc using windows xp as O.S. and i've have
been warned about the presence of a rootkit.
Well following the instructions on the screen , i've rebooted but Combofix could not clean it !
So if possibile i would post the log and awaiting for your response to suggest me the best thing to do
to remove the mightly rootkit or anything else.
The bytes sent are bigger then the received ones ... is it normal ? I'm using F-Secure as internet
security to protect my pc but i do not feel secure at all after the warning .. may it be a false positive ?

Best regards

Monello

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ried

Ried

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Hello Monello,

What is the reason you ran ComboFix? What malware symptoms were you experiencing?

I'll need to see some reports from you. Kindly follow the instructions in the pre-posting topic located here ==> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Post the contents of the dds.txt, and attach the Attach.txt and gmer results.

You also ran ComboFix numerous times. Navigate to C:\Qoobox and attach the ComboFix5.txt

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2010, 2011, 2012

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users