Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista and recovery discs wont load on new Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rxf1213

rxf1213

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hey Guys,

Having a few problems and even more questions. I bought a Sony Vaio Laptp PCG-7142L at Circuit City when it went under in Nov. 2009. Since then the only problems I have had, was the hard drive. It started making a noise about 6 months ago and I came on here and was told probably dead so I goy a new one put it in and no problems.....until know. I went to Fry's and talked to a gut there got a new HD with warrenty this time. Go to put it in and i still get the same message about halfway thru loading the recovery discs?? it is a blue screen that says "If this is the first time you are seeing this restart your computer, then check for viruses. It is possible that your HD is corrupted..." The last time i replaced the HD I had no problems at all. Hopefully, with some help I can get this laptop up and running, its hard to live without. Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users