Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XPS Car Inverter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

So I have a Dell XPS 17 laptop and I am going on a trip down to Florida (from Michigan) and I have been researching to see if I can purchase a car inverter to charge my laptop. The problem is that my laptop is such an energy hog that I don't know if they will work or not so I am looking for some help in finding one. The energy stats on my laptop are as follows: input: 100~240v, output: 19.5v. The problem comes I can find a inverter that has the input (i think) but the out put is what scars me as it seems most can't handle the problem.

Here is an inverter I found (http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PNVR450-Watts-Inverter-Modified/dp/tech-data/B003OER1W4/ref=de_a_smtd) but could someone tell me if this could handle my computer and if not does anyone know of an inverter that can handle the laptop.

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

The Dell AC adaptor is rated at 150W.

DELL Dell - 150 watt AC Adapter for XPS 17 Laptops : Laptop/Notebook Accessories | Dell New Zealand

That inverter has a 115V +/- 5% at 200W.

You should be fine.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 frankie12

frankie12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

OK, thanks!

But does any one have an opinion on if the one I selected from Amazon would work based on the supply supply needed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users