Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't Boot Right, beeping noises

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blackthorrn

Blackthorrn

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

On this computer I'm having virus problems and now today I've found problems with my backup computer. My backup is windows xp and it's a pretty good computer most of the time, but now when I turn it on it has problems. When I turn it on it makes clicking noises around the area where my cd drives are and the lights flash, then my keyboard lights all light up at once and blink together on and off. I have to press buttons on my keyboard to get it off black screen and make it boot. Once it logs in I can't use my mouse or keyboard, they won't work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

Your title references beeping noises...when do thesse occur?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Blackthorrn

Blackthorrn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

It's a Compaq Windows XP. The beeping starts a few seconds after I try to turn it on, it sounds like it'ss coming from around the CD areas.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

Take a read, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bph07107 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users