to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
I am thcbytes
and I am here to help you!
I have moved you from the "Am I Infected" forum to here. You are indeed infected. Please take your time and follow these instructions.
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer
. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch this topic
. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification
and then Proceed
and you will be advised when I respond to your topic by email.
After 5 days if your topic is not
replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!
Again I would like to remind you to make no
further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current
condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.
Please take note:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know.
- If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
- If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and I will guide you.
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- If you are unable to perform the steps I have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and I will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
- If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
- If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
- Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.
I need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
I also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner
. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.
Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:
Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice
Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:
How to create a GMER log