Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop 0x0000008e after infection removal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PC Solutions

PC Solutions

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

I had a computer with an infection recently, so I have ran several scans on the computer. I have used

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
SUPERAntiSpyware
Combofix (I found out after reading this site, I shouldn't have ran it already)

Now, I get a BSOD 0x0000008e in normal mode after about a minute or so. Safe mode is fine.

I have the DDS log, however Gmer BSOD's when attempting to scan. Both logs are in 100.zip.

I hope there is something we can do, as I do not want to reload it. Thank you in advance.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Just to update, the computer has been running in safe mode for 2 days now, so whatever is causing the issue only happens in normal mode. My thought would be an infection attached to a driver, but I don't know how to track it down... :(

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

Attached Files

• Attached File  100.zip   5.49KB   0 downloads

Edited by Budapest, 01 April 2011 - 01:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ried

Ried

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hello PCSolutions,

I need to have some idea of what has happened already. Kindly post the ComboFix log. You'll find it located at C:\ComboFix.txt

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2010, 2011, 2012

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."

#3 PC Solutions

PC Solutions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Well, there is no Combofix log, however to find out what I have done so far, go to this website

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/Windows_Vista/Q_26931709.html

This is experts-exchange, which I pay to have help every year. While I was waiting for a response here, I've been working with them.

#4 Ried

Ried

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

I am not a member there, nor do I wish to pay to view what you've done so far. :wink:

Kindly explain it here, although, if it is in progress over there, it's best you continue with them. Please let me know which you plan to do.

Edited by Ried, 07 April 2011 - 12:14 AM.

"It is one life whether we spend it laughing or weeping." "Take the time to laugh--it is the music of the soul."

#5 PC Solutions

PC Solutions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

OH, you can see everything we've done so far. Simply scroll to the bottom to see the conversation. I would copy it, but there is twenty repsonses so far.

#6 Ried

Ried

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,009 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

I had scrolled all the way to the bottom, using the link you gave me, and I cannot see any responses. I get that ad that says 'you want to see the solution? Subscribe now...etc.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users