Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Win7 Home Premium Desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dznr

dznr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Hi, I live in Surprise AZ and would say I have a intermediate knowledge of computers. However, I have a virus that I do not know how to deal with. We have access to some computer techs in our community and one referred me to this site for help as the virus is on my desktop and therefore would have difficulty taking it in. I am running Win 7 Home Premium. Thank you for this opportunity to work with you.

I am working on a desktop PC with Win 7 Home Premium installed. I was working in Quicken last night and it started running very slow. I had installed some software during the day that allows people on a network to access songs from my computer and vice versa. I went into my msconfig settings to turn off some of the programs running in the background and restarted, thinking that might be why I was running slow. Rebooted my computer and noticed that there were two red X's on the task bar icons in the lower right hand corner for the audio service and there was a message to solve a PC issue in the Action Center. The Windows Security Center can't be started and neither can the Audio Service and I do not have access to the internet or my printer. My computer tech friend, who referred me to this site, suggested that the virus might have checked, in internet options, the proxy settings, so he instructed me to turn them off. There turned out to be no check next to proxy settings in the Lan Settings so I left that alone. I also have MS Outlook where I use Fed Ex to ship business product. I received a message saying that my quick ship options where full so I clicked on that link and 900+ windows popped open to tell me the same thing. I closed the majority of them and then shut down the computer and rebooted to having just a couple open that I was successful in closing. Also, I received two RunDll errors that said that the: C:\windows\sysem32\NvMcTray.dll -and- c:\windows\sysem32\NvCpldll modules could not be found. I ran my free Avast virus scanning software and was able to detect three that were a low risk pertinent to the software I had downloaded prior to this happening; those I was able to move to the Chest successfully. However, there were about 6 other virus' listed (just a bunch of numbers, no words) that indicated that they were password protected. I ran the Free software again for 4 hours and came up with 0 infected files, but some files could not be accessed. I ran the virus scan in Safe Mode. I also downloaded a virus removal tool from CNET (on another computer) called Multi Virus Removal, but it was a zip file and since I don't have access to the internet on the infected computer I had to burn the Virus Removal Tool to a disc and take it into my computer while in Safe Mode and my Zip Software didn't show up in the Safe Mode so I have a file that I can't figure out how to use without going back into Normal Mode and trying to unzip it there. Any thoughts on that?

Looking for some advice on how to proceed. In the middle of doing our taxes with some critical Quicken information unavailable. I do have my computer backed-up on my external drive. What would you suggest and how can I get back on the internet to proceed with this process? Thank you so much.

Edited by hamluis, 30 March 2011 - 08:06 AM.
Merged posts, moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users