Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fadersfreeway

Fadersfreeway

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for putting up this page and offering advice and help. I've used some of the software recently (combofix, RKILL) and some of the advice posted to remove adware and wanted to thank everyone for their support.

I've been using a computer since about 95 as they have become an integral part of everyday life for all of us. Since we all have to use them, from time to time, we all seem to have problems. With a little bit of knowledge, trial and error, manuals, google searches and customer service, I've been able to become quite adept at keeping my systems up and running without having to bring the computer to anyone on a fee based repair or servicing basis, so, I don't feel I qualify as an expert, I can surely follow directions and keep myself out of repair fees, with enough time and effort.

Just wanted to thank you for putting up and maintaining this site, and will try to become part of the community, as much as I can contribute, based on my level of understanding and knowledge in this area, which is fairly limited compared to some of the other members.

I will have a question on the appropriate board as I have a nasty virus on my laptop that may require an OS reload, as I cannot access the internet, or any of the programs I have used in the past to eradicate the intruders.

Thanks again
Fadersfreeway

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users