Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Not Responding on Startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ih4vec00kies

ih4vec00kies

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'm trying to help my friend out with a computer issue on his laptop, but I'm confused on how to go about solving the problem. Hopefully I can get some help from here. The issue is after Vista starts up and he logs in the computer freezes. The desktop shows up with his background, the menu bar is visible, and some of the icons on the desktop actually show up with their desktop icons and not just the blank default desktop icons. If the start button is clicked the mouse does it's loading spin thing and then the computer will fade to the faded out not responding look, but it just freezes there. Also, after logging in the keyboard doesn't work. (So, no Ctrl+Alt+Delete) . I ran the computer in safe mode and it works perfectly fine. I feel that this issue is not a virus (I'm about to run a scan on it. I'll let you know how it goes).

I would just run the windows disc and see if that would fix it, but he doesn't have a copy of it.

In my attempts to fix it I ran the system restore (rstrui.exe-> located in C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe) and have run msconfig and turned off any unnecessary services.

If anyone has experienced/solved this issue any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users