Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser (and Outlook) Redirects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fahrside

fahrside

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled and added new browsers (Chrome, IE9, Firefox) and all are affected by this issue as well as Outlook. At any given point in time the browser windows will redirect themselves page by page, back to my home page.

I have had Trend Micro running and it doesn’t pick up a thing. Same for Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot, GMER.

The weirdest thing is to watch my screen in Outlook jump from Contacts to my Calendar, or Calendar to Outlook Today.

This is really driving me crazy….. I should add that this is a small non-profit organization running an 8-user network. Others in the office have begun to report similar issues as well. They are not on the net as often as I am so they are not as impacted as I am. I hooked up a new pc last week and the very same day the same symptoms showed up on it as well, so it is definitely a network issue.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users