Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

threats detected - can't get rid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anotherlucy

anotherlucy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

Hello

I have been infected and I need some help! Unfortunately I am somewhat technically challenged, so I ran out of ideas pretty fast.
I have Windows Vista and was using Internet Explorer.
I run kaspersky anti-virus software which was up to date.
I went to a legitimate site streaming video - and got an annoying pop up, and before I could get rid of it my anti-virus software detected malware (I think it said a trojan horse.)It couldn't get rid of it. Now kapersky tells me I have 3 threats - it says type: vulnerability (events 3.) So the theats are:

Type File Path C:\Windows\System32\ Name acer.exe and apparently this is 'highly dangerous.'
Type File Path c:\programfiles\quicktime\ Name quicktimeplayer.exe and this is 'very dangerous.'
Type File Path c:\programfiles\itunes\ Name itunes.exe and this is 'very dangerous.'

It also gives me links to what these mean. Apparently the acer.exe one is something to do with adobe flash player. The secunia id is SA41917.
The quicktime one secunia id is SA39259.
The itunes one is secunia id SA43582.

I wasn't running the most up to date versions of itunes and quicktime. I'm assuming the film site must have opened quicktime without me asking - and then I got infected. Obviously I won't be making this mistake again but it is too late now.

I have tried some of the solutions on this site and elsewhere for getting rid of them. I have run malwarebytes anti-malware, and superantispyware. Neither worked. I couldn't find the files on the computer. I tried a system restore and it didn't work. I am way out of my depth here.

What do I do now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users