Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 biggdogg1976

biggdogg1976

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

I built my computer, thought I had all the bugs worked out, and then...NO SOUND. I can open the generic CD player and can play audio CD's, but media player and all other programs will not work. There is no icon in the task bar for volume control,and I cannot open the volume control file in the control panel. I copied the file from my old computer and loaded it onto my new computer, but it still wouldn't open. I am stumped. I guess there is a conflict or something is missing, but don't know what to do from here. Please HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neverwill

Neverwill

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

click start..go to all programs..accessories..then entertainment and volume control should be in there..allso..do you have the latest driver for your sound card?

Posted Image

#3 biggdogg1976

biggdogg1976
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:14 PM

I have tried to open the volume control from the start/programs/acc./entertainment menu, but I get no response. My computer acts like it is going to open( I get the little hour glass) then nothing. Also when I try to reload the audio drivers for the C-Media onboard ac 97, It askes me for the windows disk, but then it can't find file 'sndvol32.cnt' on the disk.

Edited by biggdogg1976, 28 December 2005 - 08:07 AM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:28 AM

Have you gone to add/remove programs and install the feature. If it shows installed, uninstall it then reinstall it.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Neverwill

Neverwill

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

try uninstalling your sound drive in device manager...other then that im sorry i couldnt help more...im not a big fan of 98.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users