Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot.Tidserv Windows 7 64 bit MBR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vk2011

vk2011

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hi Guys

I definitely need your help. Here is my problem description.

My desktop (Windows 7 prof 64bit with Norton Anti virus) is infected with Boot.Tidserv.

1. Reboots are successful only once in 2 or 3 times. when it fails to reboot the computer just sits there powered on but nothing happens. After a couple of times I try to reboot (by holding the power key pressed for a few seconds) it works - as in restarts.
2. once it restarts, Norton fires up and informs me that it found 3 risks and fixed them. They are all Boot.Tidserv and they have been "fixed"
3. This is going on for the last 5 days and restarts of 4 times a day - Norton informs with out fail that it has successfully removed the threat 4 times daily :-)

I was alarmed and "unplugged" this desktop from the Internet about 2 days into this sequence of events. Please help me with removing this.

FYI, I am a fairly advanced computer user and the Norton anti virus that I use is supplied by Comcast (my internet provider) for all its users.

Thanks a buch.

Edited by Budapest, 28 March 2011 - 04:35 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 vk2011

vk2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:18 AM

Thank you very much, they detected 3 issues and after following directions, it appears to be fixed. i am rerunning the scans again just to make sure it is completely free of any viruses. But wanted to let you know that was really helpful.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

:thumbup2:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users