Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Security Center and firewall will not turn on

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jmr08

jmr08

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Hello,
Recently I got a Antivirus Antispyware virus on my computer, I ran Rkill and then Malwarebytes and it found the virus and I removed it. However now my Windows 7 Security Center firewall and my McAfee firewall will not turn on. With my Windows 7 Security center, when I try and turn it on it prompts me with a message that says 'Action center cannot turn firewall on, turn windows firewall on manually' so I click on that and I click the recommended settings and it gives me a message saying 'Windows firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070422'. My McAfee fire wall will turn on for a second and then automatically turn off. I have tried many things and seeked for many solutions but so far none of them have worked. Some advice would be wonderful, Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Can you post the logs from your malwarebytes scans?

#3 jmr08

jmr08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

How do I do that?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Go to the log tab in Malwarebytes and copy and paste it here.

#5 jmr08

jmr08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Silly me, thats simple enough.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6169

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

3/25/2011 12:55:32 PM
mbam-log-2011-03-25 (12-55-32).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 348282
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 3 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 12

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Value: AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 Security (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Value: AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 Security -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\antivirus antispyware 2011 (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Local\Temp\4cmcxut9.dat (Trojan.FakeAlert.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\antivirus antispyware 2011.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\antivirus antispyware 2011\help antivirus antispyware 2011.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\antivirus antispyware 2011\activate antivirus antispyware 2011.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\antivirus antispyware 2011\antivirus antispyware 2011.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\start menu\Programs\antivirus antispyware 2011\how to activate antivirus antispyware 2011.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\antivirus antispyware 2011.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\antivirus antispyware 2011\antivirus antispyware.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Roaming\antivirus antispyware 2011\securitymanager.exe (Rogue.AntiVirusAntiSpyware2011) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Local\Temp\ppddfcfux.exxe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Local\Temp\w32rim_mem.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\julia goolia\AppData\Local\Temp\wrfwe_di.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

See the instructions here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-code-0x80070422-cant-turn-on-firewall/e5ee6823-98f8-4575-a254-00a038b17e34

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Have a read here How do I remove Antivirus Antispyware2011?

#8 jmr08

jmr08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

There is an error when I tried to do the online scan, and it wouldn't scan my computer. Also, I tried the notepad repair and it did not change anything.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

Follow the guide I posted, and if you still need assistance then please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#10 jmr08

jmr08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

That is actually the exact instructions I used to rid the Antivirus Antispyware virus! My computer is not repeatedly popping up with warnings anymore but my firewall is still blocked somehow.

#11 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

You may still be infected then follow the instructions in post 9 above.

#12 jmr08

jmr08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

I ran the Malwarebytes again and it did not find anything, after that I used the Secuina PSI and repaired all my bad programs and now my firewall is turned back on and everything is working smoothly. Thanks so much!!

#13 jmr08

jmr08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

Today it went back to how it was and is blocking my firewall. :(

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman