Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smedleys

Smedleys

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

I'm new to this forum and need help. I have Windows XP Pro. My computer had slowed to a crawl, I ran all anti-virus, malware, spyware, etc. scans. I then ran checkdisk. I came back later and computer was off. Rebooted and came up with error message that computer was missing "domain name". Ran Win XP Pro repair. Now I can boot computer and login. But some of my programs will not launch, specifically IE7. Programs will not launch. Hourglass appears then goes away. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

What kind of computer is this, and do you know what kind of hardware you have inside it? I am mainly looking at the hard drive.

#3 Smedleys

Smedleys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

It's an older computer with IDE Drive. It's one I had built many years ago.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

Can you provide the model number and brand?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users