Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

comment box help in html

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scorpia13

scorpia13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

I'm trying to make a comment box for my website, that people can share their thoughts (kind of like a forum), and I already made the box itself, but I want to learn how to make my website actually post the comment, so others can read it too.
So, I'm guessing I have to use this command:

<form method="post" action="my source">

Then I have to make another .html document with some code in it and name it "my source.html" (so it's the same)
Does anyone have any good articles or suggestions about how to do this?
Thanks in advance.
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

I did a crude introduction to dynamic web page development here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic148730.html

Basically, you send some form information to your server; a script on the server reads the information and populates a new web page with that information. The server sends the newly generated web page back to the client computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users