Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UN-Deletable DLL + Folder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 king kaos

king kaos

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

i always been here at this great forum/website but this is the first time i am joining due to an "difficult problem"!

it seems like i have about 5 maybe 6 of the same 7z.dll files that wont delete. they come from various softwares and programs (NOT the 7zip software which i already have installed).

i try deleting the folder and it says " cant read from the source file or disk".

i also try deleting the little DLL (usually 300KB - 500KB) and i get the same thing.

heres what i tried:

unlocker (failed both on direct method and reboot)
ATF (did not find anything)
ESET NOD32 Smart security and Anti malwarebytes doesnt detect anything.
tried using command prompt (failed with "cant not delete due to device not functioning properly")
delete on safe mode (failed)
Tune Up Utilities File shredder (failed)
CHCKDSK (failed to find bad sectors)

so whats the problem here? any help is useful!

it seems to only happen with 7z.dll files in software. i have 5 or 6 folders that wont delete because of it.

i am running Windows 7 Home basic x32 SP1 - Toshiba Satellite L455D!

here is the main jpg attachment of the problem. Attached File  ScreenShot1.jpg   43.64KB   9 downloads

Edited by Orange Blossom, 27 March 2011 - 11:52 PM.
Removed coding for ease of reading. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 king kaos

king kaos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:43 AM

thanks for the reply. i heard of REVO but wasnt sure it would work.

anyways just logged onto my Ubuntu Lucid and easily with full sucess deleted the dam folders and DLL lol :D

i never EVER doubted the power of linux :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users