Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my User Accounts in XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LadyEarp

LadyEarp

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

First my husbands profile came up missing, now mine!
We have been to AII and went through all the steps, they sent us here! I was able to find in System Properties in the User Profiles that they show up.
Took a screen shot of it Attached it here...
Attached File  view of my user profiles in system propertiess.bmp   155.3KB   4 downloads

I need to know how to get them back.
Especially mine because I have some very important stuff in there, I home teach and all our children's work is in there...Please help.
I have had this problem for almost a month and have been working on it almost daily with the mods in the other forums to no avail...they did help me clean up some very weird stuff as this used to be my mother in laws computer...they used to do downloading from torrent things or whatever it is called. :unsure:
Also how can I remove her name from all the stuff...it says Vickie Hickey in everything. It should say our names since it is our computer now!
But please let's first find my profile!
Thank you sooooo much! :smilers:

Lady Earp
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

You previously received a warning that one of the profiles was damaged. At that time, you should have created a new profile...and transferred files/settings to it.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/corruptprofile.htm

Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Go to Control Panel/User Accountss...click User Accounts. What is reflected there?

<<Also how can I remove her name from all the stuff...it says Vickie Hickey in everything. It should say our names since it is our computer now!>>

Deleting the unwanted profile...should eliminate everything related to that former user, IMO.

Louis

#3 LadyEarp

LadyEarp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

@Louis

I was guided by m0le to go through my computer and try to eliminate any virus and malicious threat activity. He then posted to me to do as you said but I told him I was afraid to do this myself because I truly am not experienced enough without very detailed step by step directions (including pictures...I need to see what it looks like!)

m0le sent me here and told me this is where I would find someone who could assist me in the manner I need to be assisted in!

I have tried to follow the instructions you posted, they are not clear enough for me.
I am not able to do this on my own without screenshots of every step.

I am sorry for being such a novice!!!

Thank you for any help I can obtain here in the XP forum.

Sincerely,
Lady Earp
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users