Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen, MS Removal Tool?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KrissyCakes

KrissyCakes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

So on my laptop someone sent me a link, which I followed, not thinking that it would be an inapropriate site like it was. The site downloaded 38 viruses and made my background completely blue. All of the icons for internet, itunes, etc. were still visible but they wouldn't open.
A notice in the corner of my screen that kept popping up took me to something called MS Removal Tool, which said that if I installed it and payed some ridiculous amount, it would fix all of the problems, but I am not sure if this is part of a virus or not.
I thought I had Norton 360 downloaded but I guess I didn't because when I tried to open it to see why it didn't work, it told me that it wasn't working or something and that I had to uninstall Norton Internet Security for it to work. Even after doing this, it didn't work and notices started popping up saying that Norton itself was infected. The notices said things like, "Intercepting Problems that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been Detected on your PC. Click here to remove them immediatley with MS Removal Tool." and "Windows has detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the latest update of Windows Security Software..." and these notices would go away for a little while, and my internet would work, but then the computer would shut down.
I also got the notice, "Application could not be executed. The file ccsvchst.exe is infected. Please activate your antivirus software." When I tried to open Norton Internet Security which makes even less sense to me!!
I am not computer literate whatsoever but I need help before I lose my files and my computer!

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users