Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connecting HP Deskjet 3050 to ACTIONTEC ROUTER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joetab24

joetab24

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

hi,

I am trying to connect HP Deskjet 3050 printer with wireless capabilities to an ACTIONTEC ROUTER from Verizon MI424-WR .
I can't get my dell laptop to pick up the printer. The printer does work when connected to the computer using a USB. "No Filtering" shows as a fail on the test report that I printed. Thanks for your help!

Edited by joetab24, 27 March 2011 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BeachBumLI

BeachBumLI

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

Do you have security enabled on your wireless router? If so, it appears that WEP security causes known issues with wireless printers. Try following the advice in this forum and switch to WPA or WPA2 if that is the case.

Edited by BeachBumLI, 29 March 2011 - 06:32 AM.

Dell Inspiron 1520--Intel Core 2 Duo/1.5 GHz--2 GB RAM--230 GB HD--Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family--Windows XP--Avast! AV Free--Spybot S&D--Malwarebytes--Hijackthis--Chrome (primary browser) Firefox and IE (rarely used)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users