Anytime you come across a suspicious file or suspect a detection may be a false positive
, get a second opinion by submitting it to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:
In the "File to upload & scan
" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Rescan again with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Quick Scan
) in normal mode and check all items found for removal
. Don't forgot to check for database definition updates
through the program's interface (preferable method
) before scanning and to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
Please download and scan with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
from one of the links provided below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:How to Install Kaspersky Virus Removal ToolHow to use the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to automatically remove viruses
-- If you cannot run this tool in normal mode, then try using it in "safe mode".IMPORTANT NOTE
- Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_220.127.116.112_22.01.2010_10-04.exe) to select your language and install the utility.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
- When the 'Setup page' appears, click Next, check the box 'I accept the license agreement' and click Next twice more to begin extracting the required files.
- Setup may recommend to scan the computer in Safe Mode. Click Ok.
- A window will open with a tab that says Autoscan and one for Manual disinfection.
- Click the green Start scan button on the Autoscan tab in the main window.
- If malware is detected, you will see the Scan Alert screen. Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
- After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
- Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
- If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
- In the Scan window click the Reports button, choose Critical events and select Save to save the results to a file (name it avptool.txt).
- Copy and paste the report results of any threats detected and if they were successfully removed in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
- When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2010.
: The practice of using cracking tools
or any pirated software
is not only considered illegal activity
but it is a serious security risk
Cracking applications are used for illegally breaking (cracking) various copy-protection and registration techniques used in commercial software. These programs may be distributed via Web sites, Usenet, and P2P networks.
Keygen and Crack Sites Distribute VIRUX and FakeAV
...warez and crack web pages are being used by cybercriminals as download sites for malware related to VIRUT and VIRUX. Searches for serial numbers, cracks, and even antivirus products like Trend Micro yield malcodes that come in the form of executables or self-extracting files...quick links in these sites also lead to malicious files. Ads and banners are also infection vectors...
University of Washington spyware study
...warez/piracy sites ranked the highest in downloading spyware...just opening the web page usually sets off an exploit, never mind actually downloading anything. And by the time the malware is finished downloading, often the machine is trashed and rendered useless.
Bad Web Sites: Malware
...One of the most aggressive and intrusive of all bad websites on the Internet are serial, warez, software cracking type sites...they sneak malware onto your system...Where do trojan viruses originate? One of the biggest malware distributors on the Internet are serial/warez/code cracking sites.
When you use these kind of programs, be forewarned
that some of the worst types of malware infections can be contracted and spread by visiting crack, keygen, warez and other pirated software sites
. In many cases, those sites are infested with a smörgåsbord of malware
and an increasing source of system infection. Those who attempt to get software for free can end up with a computer system so badly damaged that recovery is not possible and it cannot be repaired
. When that happens there is nothing you can do besides reformatting
and reinstalling the OS.
I strongly recommend that you remove all cracks
immediately to reduce the risk of infection/reinfection. If not, then we are just wasting time
trying to clean your system. Further, other tools used during the disinfection process may detect crack and keygens so we need to ensure they have been removed.Using these types of programs or the websites visited to get them is almost a guaranteed way to get yourself infected!!