Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista System/Scrren Freeze?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MyFoop

MyFoop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hi, I'm new to Bleeping Computer. A friend recommended I visit this site for any computer problems.

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, Windows Vista SP1, 64-bit. I'm typing this message while in safe mode w/ networking.

A few days ago, Windows Update gave me the option to update to service pack 2. I installed the update and continued on with my normal computer routine of playing video games, YouTube, etc. I noticed that while playing Minecraft that the game began to have these weird pauses every 10 seconds that lasted 3 seconds. Reinstalling the program didn't do anything so I thought that maybe it was the service pack that was messing it up.

I did a system restore to before I did the update. My game runs fine now but then the entire laptop occasionally freezes. Everything on the screen will freeze except for the mouse. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work, nothing. I'm forced to turn off the computer by holding in the power button. I ran my CyberDefender anti virus/spyware scans but it came up with nothing. Decided to put some music on and windows media player begins to "not respond." I cant close the program so I go to task manager (I already had it open) and IT wasn't responding either. Nothing on the screen responded so I turned off the laptop and restarted it in safe mode with networking. Updated some other programs I have on here like : AnitMalware Bytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Avast! AntiMalware spotted some things, cool, SuperAntispyware spotted some things, cool, Avast! didnt. My CyberDefender "fix PC errors" fixed a few things as well.

(Thinking I had solved the problem) I went back to my routine. About an hour later my screen freezes again! I go back into safe mode and about an hour in that the screen freezes as well!

Right now I'm running SUPERAntiSpyware again and it has already picked up some Trojan.Agent/Gen-Spam Bot. I'll probably re-scan everything thing right now.

I'm not all that computer savvy so any help/advice would be DEEPLY/GREATLY/YOU ARE AWESOMELY appreciated.!

Edited by Budapest, 27 March 2011 - 08:37 PM.
Moved from Vista ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users