Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Americas Army And Punkbuster...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:43 AM

I cant join any punkbuster protected servers because of "inadequate O/s privileges." I have found out that the reason for this is because I have spyware/malware on my computer. I scanned my computer with atleast 4 different scanning programs, 2 of them brought me results. Norton Anti Virus is saying that EVERY exe file for GameSpy is a threat. And a-sqaured said that "hltv.exe" and "sattech.exe" are threats... HLTV is for CounterStrike, I have no idea what its purpose is, and sattech.exe is some program that my dad used to use, but is now not sure if he wants to keep it. Thats it, and how come known programs are being seen as threats? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

Didn't you already have a thread on this?

Anyway, could it possibly be privliges set onto your user account that is keeping you from that?

*edit* but then again after reading the other thread, I notice that probably isn't the case.

Edited by Wizdabest, 27 December 2005 - 12:18 PM.

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:52 PM

What other post? I vaguely remember that one... I'll look for it.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

It was Punkbuster's Gettin On My Nerves.

#5 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:20 AM

Oh yea... Now I remember... sorry for the second topic.

I just don't understand why Norton Internet Security is finding GameSpy as a threat. I want to close all applications (NIS, Webroot, etc.) and play the game, but am afraid that my computer will catch something. It is really frustrating.

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users