Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo! Messenger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cvgurau

cvgurau

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

I can't log in to Yahoo! Messenger. That damned smiley just won't wake up. :thumbsup:

I tried changing my connection preferences, but it didn't work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jaybeast69

jaybeast69

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

what connection preference did you try and also, did you apply your changes and completly close out when you tried again?

#3 cvgurau

cvgurau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:48 AM

I tried them all (except for the Use Proxies one, as I don't have the relevant information), and yes, I applied all my changes and closed out before trying again.

This isn't a big deal. I can use AIM, instead, but it's aggrivating, and I want to know what's wrong.

#4 jaybeast69

jaybeast69

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

have you checked your firewall logs to see if you did not block it by mistake? ive had that happen from time to time when someone uses the computer, and every now and then, Sygate will reask if it is an allowed program accessing the web....sometimes the person to whom was using my puter clicks no and well, it ends up as being blocked.

#5 cvgurau

cvgurau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

No. How would I do that?

#6 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

sygate would not bloack yahoo messenger nor msn messenger...but sygate do cause problem in anti virus.......worst if you are using the 4.1 ver.

i do not know much bout yahoo messenger as i do not use them but i can advise you to check your I.E to see if there is connection and if there is, needless to change your yahoo messenger settings...just remove and reinstall it again.....it is automatic connected.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users