Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer navigation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Pike

Captain Pike

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

I've spent many years working in Windows XP or the equivalent (NT, 2000 Etc.). Absolutely cannot stand Vista but I'm trying to open my mind and accept Windows 7. It doesn't seem as cumbersome and buggy as Vista, but, in my opinion, all of these operating systems have gotten far too, "smart", (or maybe, paranoid is a better word) I much prefer, thin, trim and cryptic; as opposed to grandiose and presupposing. Anyway, I find myself using Windows Explorer a lot. Is there no up button anymore? I don't mean, "back", that is still there. I mean away to go up one directory level to the parent directory.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain Pike

Captain Pike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

I guess you just click the next to the last thing in the address field, right?

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

Click on the 'Alt' key to show file, edit, view, tools and help. Next click on view, then click on "go to".

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users