Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netword Card Already In Use. Really?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 annotte

annotte

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:14 AM

IS THERE REALLY SOMEONE ELSE LOGGGED ONTO MY COMPUTER. mESSAGE SAYS IF I TURN OFF MY COMPUTER THEY? MIGHT LOSE THEIR WORK
ALSO ON MY WIRELESS IT SAYS "WIRELESS CARD ALREADY IN USE BY ANOTHER.
ARE THESE SECURITY PROBLEMS? HOW DO I STOP THEM?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:30 AM

Hello and welcome to BC.
We will need more information please.
What is you Operating system?
What is you Wireless card, make, model?
What routre are you using, make, model?
Are you using cable or DSL?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 annotte

annotte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:54 PM

Hello and welcome to BC.
We will need more information please.
What is you Operating system?
What is you Wireless card, make, model?
What routre are you using, make, model?
Are you using cable or DSL?

I am using a Windows XP 2002
Wireless care is a ZWIRE
I have DSL by SBC Home Portal 1000HG

Hope that helps. Thanks annotte

#4 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

Hello

Since you are useing wireless if it is not a secured wireless then yes somebody else could be useing your connection. I will let someone more familiar with wireless exsplain about that.

Now I will assume a wireless connection will still show all connections established in connection manager and
network neighborhood, so check there. You can also open a command prompt and run ipconfig /all this will show all established connections.

My next question is are you useing fast user switching and are there other users of that computer.
If another use only switched user and did not log off, then windows will give that message because the other profile is still running. Possibly they had a connection established from that profile and didn't close out.

On the other hand you may have an uninvited guest. If you know how to use event viewer you chan check there under the security tab, check for log on entries for a time when you know you were not useing the computer.

Hope this is of some help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users