Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet Network Controller having issues since upgrade to SP3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

I have an Emachines W3644 that is out of warranty. I have chatted with several agents on their live chat thing. They have had me do a system restore, and also have had me download a folder with files in it named Modem_Conexant_7.53.00.00_XPx86_A.zip

The issue is that my network adapter will no longer work. I went to update.microsoft.com and downloaded and installed around 108 updates, then when I restarted my network adapter was connected, but wouldn't let me go to any webpages, so I rolled back the driver, which fixed the issue. Then I went back to update.microsoft.com and it said there were another 66 updates. So I too downloaded and installed those, then restarted. My network adapter again then decided not to work......

The 108 updates were just security ones and what not. I then restarted after those. Then when I went back there were 66 more, well I upgraded to SP3 and that's when things got messed up.
When I restarted my network adapter wasn't working so I though I could just roll it back.. I then got a window saying "Ethernet Network Controller- No driver files have been backed up for this device. If you are having problems with this device you should view the Troubleshooter information. Would you like to launch the troubleshooter?"

Then it gives me an option of Yes and No.

When I click Driver Details I get a window saying "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device"

When I click update driver and select the option of "Install the software automatically (Recommended) I get another error (Please see screenshot named "no1")

Under the device status it says "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

Earlier when my network adapter was working it was named NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet BUT now that I've installs SP3 and uninstalled then restarted my computer than ran the setup.exe file from the emachines agent that was supposed to reinstall the network adapter it now shows up in device manager as Ethernet Network Controller

I don't know how to fix it, everything I try doesn't work. The last agent gave me instructions on how to reinstall my entire operating system... kinda ridiculous considering this issue shouldn't require that.

So I've came here to bleepingcomputer for help!

I am connected to the internet using the internet from my android phone.

Could someone please help me fix this? Thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1460

I would download/install the LAN driver.

FWIW: Unless you are on dialup, that Conexant driver is unnecessary, it's for a dialup modem.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users