Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 problem with hangining

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Madforit

Madforit

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

I am using Win7 UltimaTE

aTHLON 64bit 2200

3 GB

Since about two days ago my computer started hangining totally out of the blue, I can have one program or many at the time,It doesnt seem to be anything to do with what i am doing.
When it happens the hard drive is constantly being accessed and it last from anywhere from 5 to 10 mins and then everything is ok again.
If someone can help me with this i would be greatful.

I have also used AVG and got no Virii according to that

I am currently doing a SuperAntiSpyware Scan and will post the resluts.

Thanks

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

Assuming it is neither malware nor a process in Scheduled Tasks you can try the following:

Open msconfig and on the General tab choose "selective startup" (disable everything from loading) and reboot. Does the problem still occur? If not, start adding items back to msconfig one or two at a time, rebooting after each change, until the problem reappears and you'll have identified the offending process. This is clearly a time consuming process, but it is the best way to determine if some process loading with the system is the cause of your problem.

#3 Madforit

Madforit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Are there any other scanners i could try if the spyware scan doesnt find anything.
Last night i watched the resource monitor and so many things were hitting the drive when it was happening,,is this normal ?
I never saw anything unusual on there but it went by too fast too see it sometimes.

And yeah that would take ages cos sometimes it takes a long time before that even happens.

Edited by Madforit, 27 March 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,633 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

You can post in the Am I Infected forum here and they'll help you determine if your system is infected.

#5 Madforit

Madforit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I have posted in the Am I Infected forum and done everything that they mentioned.
It never resolved my problem, and they suggested that I re-post in this forum topic.

I hope that someone can finally help me resolved this problem

Thanks

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,633 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

I gave you my suggestion in the post above. It's up to you whether or not to follow those instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users