Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about Laptops

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iamazn

Iamazn

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

1. Will leaving my Laptop plugged in all the time do any damage?
2. Will leaving my Laptop on overnight to run a Program that needs lots of RAM (i.e. FPS game) or high CPU usage (i.e. Video Converter) do any damage?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:59 AM

1. Will leaving my Laptop plugged in all the time do any damage?
2. Will leaving my Laptop on overnight to run a Program that needs lots of RAM (i.e. FPS game) or high CPU usage (i.e. Video Converter) do any damage?

the answer is no ,as long as its well ventilated,on a cooling pad or hard surface so air can flow underneath the laptop ,,not laying on you bed or chesterfield ,
my wife once downloaded a very large file , left the laptop running for 4 weeks .that was last year ,laptop still runs like new

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 abbitbeast

abbitbeast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

When leaving your laptop plugged in all the time will slowly decrease the battery life. It is highly recomended that if you must do so to powercycle your battery once a month let it go completely dead, Then charge it. This will help maintain your battery's life. however it will still slowly go dead after awhile. As for leaving your laptop on to download files over night. No just make sure it's in a nice cool place with a fan under it. Ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users