Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing and problems booting Win7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keispiegel

keispiegel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

I've had a pretty recent problem on my PC. It will randomly freeze up and won't respond to any kind of ctrl+alt+del commands or anything, forcing me to do a hard reset. When I boot back up, after I log into windows, it gets stuck on the loading screen (left it for half an hour)

I've used a sys restore and it will work fine, but it seems to start having problems when my system has to make a windows update (serivce pack I think) and when Security Essentials has to update as well. Because once I shut down to do those updates, the problems come back. I've also made sure to run MSE, Avast and Malewarebytes to see if it was a virus or malware, but all came back negative on my scans.

I've done a memtest86+ and no errors come back on the RAM, but I do have a pretty full event log which maybe someone is a bit more versed in. One person said it may be my PSU, and the fact that it's crappy, but others seem to say it's fine.

Windows 7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
CPU: 4x, 2666 MHz
RAMPAGE II GENE
9GB
Delta PSU
Asus CG5290
500w PSU
CPU, MB, SB, and NB temp and voltage are all normal and under threshold

My event log comes up with lots of: 219, 7060, 7001, 4, and 219. Some of them say something about a libusb0, but again, I don't quite know how to read them.

The system is about a year and a few months old, but I'd rather try and fix it myself so I can learn how, then send it back to ASUS.

Thanks, and let me know if you need me to provide any more info.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

hard drive diagnostic ?

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

Do you have remotejoysdl gui(Remote joy SDL GUI PSP Emulation) on your computer?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users