To fix this issue, I did the following:
1. Started the computer in safe mode
2. downloaded spybot SD (free version)
3. ran the quickscan utility on both partitions on the computer (had three problems under the administrator portion and nine problems under the Deanna portion)
4. I allowed spybot to fix these issues (No appreciable impact)
5. I uninstalled spybot and downloaded malwarebytes
6. Malwarebytes identified a number of issues in both administrator and deanna sectors.
When Malwarebytes was finished, I was able to search for topics, but I could not open the resulting web page. For example, I could search for "process library" and google would return the appropriate pages, but when I clicked on the link, I would be sent to some odd marketing pages.
When I searched for new solutions, I noticed a lot of people referring to ComboFix. This sounds a bit scary
Edited by Budapest, 27 March 2011 - 04:34 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP