Hello and welcome to the forums!
My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short)
, it's a pleasure to meet you.
I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.
I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
Did you set these proxies in Firefox?
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.ftp - 10.1.70.90
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.ftp_port - 8080
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.gopher - 10.1.70.90
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.gopher_port - 8080
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.http - 10.1.70.90
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.http_port - 8080
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.socks - 10.1.70.90
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.socks_port - 8080
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.ssl - 10.1.70.90
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.ssl_port - 8080
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.type - 0NEXT:Running OTMWe need to execute an OTM script
NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL Report
- Please download OTM by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
- Double click the icon on your desktop.
- Paste the following code under the area. Do not include the word "Code".
echo,Y|cacls "%WinDir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" /G everyone:f /c
ipconfig /flushdns /c
- Push the large button.
- OTM may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
- Copy/Paste the contents under the line here in your next reply.
- If you are unable to copy/paste from this window (as will be the case if the machine was rebooted), open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTM\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized