Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hide Run Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xODINx

xODINx

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:49 AM

I got the Hiderun error: Could'nt create process!
i was wondering you guys knew anything about this that could maybe help me. (this has been a big problem for me since i can't connect to any server's or locate them. Meaning i dont have much access to alot of my stuff) The problem accured when my brother (1 year older then me) ran the program called "Registry Mechanic" hoping that it would fix stuff.. rather then it deleting -_-. I don't really know what it deleted, either does he but right after it asked him to restart the computer He accepted. Then when he came back it was all messed. He got a Hiderun error message once he logged in. lots of "could not contact Master server's" and "couldn't locate server's" when trying to play games. So... i hope somone can Help. I would love to have this computer fixed without having to pay a ton of money. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

xODINx,
I see you have a HJT log posted.
Please don't make any changes to your system, untill your HJT log has been resolved.
Making changes, could effect the results of the HJT log you have posted.
Please be patient, as a member of the HJT Team will help you as soon as possible.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Chai

Chai

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

I've had problems with HideRun error.

Here's what i learned!

HideRun is a hacker tool to hide a process as it runs. In my case, it was a Trojan virus, which ran on startup, but hid itself. Upon opening the Task Manager, I found a new application! pAdmin. Turns out pAdmin is a Trojan virus (the type i had was pAdmin-C) and it not only starts up on every boot; if you delete the pAdmin registry files, it will re-create the files on every boot as well.

The only way is to run a GOOD anti-virus and destroy all programs that associate with the virus, and it has nothing left to create it.

What it does is scan your computer for information, usually Cd Keys for games and other applications, and send it to backdoor irc networks. If you go into the pAdmin registry, you can even see which irc network its sending to! in my case it was irc.rizon.net

Oh, one more thing, to do the aforementioned backdoor irc sending, it installs a stripped version of mIRC onto your computer, hidden with a couple other doohickeys.

HideRun is also associated with HideWindow (which does as its name suggests).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users