Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Display

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cvos

cvos

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

My printer took about a 3' fall and after puting the cover and a side pice back on it still prints! But the display will not work. The display took no damage. I can however turn the printer on from the display, a seprate part of it. I have checked the ribbon cable that connects it to the inside of the printer and all looks ok no damage to the cable or the plug that goes into the circuit board. Everything is functoning as normal but the display. It is a HP C309G. Any one know what I need to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

From the lack of response I guess I will need a new printer?

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Is it less than a year old?
If so its under warranty

Fixing that display might be tricky or expensive.
You said it works fine other than that.
Could you use it without the display?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 cvos

cvos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

It is out of warranty. I payed I think $199 at the time for it. Best Buy has pretty much the same thing for $150. I do have reward zone points cash I could use, I would not rather use it for this if I could get it fixed. Yes I can print things from the computer just fine, but if I would have to change the wireless settings or anything else on it I can't. I can only do so much from the computer to change things on it. Mostley just printer setings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users