Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from the UK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 supadupahands

supadupahands

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hi just thought i would drop a note to say hello and thanks very much for providing this wonderful place.

I am from the UK and work in Desktop support in a busy acute hospital,I work with many, many bespoke applications bought by wallet happy consultants and alongside my team support over 3000 clients 5000 users and 300 apps and systems across 4-5 sites in Brighton and Hove in the UK. I have just landed a job on the infra side of things which starts next week, so looking forward to new challenges in my working life.

I am MCP qualified and love a challenge (that's why i work for the NHS!) I have often lurked on here and never posted until the last couple of days when i decided to infect my home PC with a particually nasty rootkit virus, so thought I would ask for some help from the experts here, whilst i wait to hear back from the analysis of the logs i provided, i thought it would be nice to say hello and meet some of the guys ho hang out here :)

laters

Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users