Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rights issue and others caused by Malware or?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stressed Out888

Stressed Out888

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

The other day I went to upgrade my tax software and I got an odd error where it wouldnt update. There error was actually incidental to the bigger issues. I have been using F-Secure on my Win 7 64bit machine. No isses at all. I ran Advanced System Care registry cleaner regularly.

Just today I wanted to change my home page in IE 8. I wasnt able to. I got this error message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions when I went to select INTERNET OPTIONS.

I noticed my AV software was running in Parent mode--I am administrator. I tried to disable it, I couldnt. I then tried to uninstall my AV program. I had trouble. I downloaded an app from F-Secure that removed my AV software - success.

I still couldnt get to INTERNET OPTIONS in IE but was able to in IE 64 bit mode. I rebooted to safe mood, no difference. I uninstalled Win 7 SP1.

I ran SFC and it told me I had corrupt files that could not be repaired. I can attach a CBS log if anyone wants to look at it.

The only AV program I was able to run was SuperAntiSpyware Free and it reported just cookies.

When I try to run Malwarebytes I get this message "for "msvbvm60.dll not designed to run windows or contains an error." I am also unable to change the rights within System32 as well.

So now I am hear looking for help.

Edited by hamluis, 26 March 2011 - 08:49 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stressed Out888

Stressed Out888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:03 AM

Just an update. My issue was not caused by malware. Rather a registry cleaner that screwed up my rights. The cleaner was "Advanced System Care". I created a new profile/user account and the issue was not there. Since then, I have reformatted my system and reinstalled Win 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users