Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 karnage

karnage

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

My laptop has the no beep, black screen issue. However every 10 seconds or so it just reboots itself and keeps that cycle going till I manually shut it down. I took it apart and tried the heatgun method, and reseat every single thing that wasnít loose and nothing. Tried 1 memory module at a time to no dice. removing the ram provided no beeps and still the same old thing. I removed the battery and tried straight from a plug/psu and it was dead. so i borrowed another one and it boots up to the same damn problem. Any ideas? motherboard? the lights do come on every reboot and the fan turns on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

If the laptop is not giving post beep errors I would suspect a bad motherboard. Could you hear the post beeps before?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 karnage

karnage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

wow sorry you guys really changed the forum around and I missed the response. anyways no I didn't hear any beeps at all. that lead me to beleive it was the MB in the first place and the fact it keeps rebooting every 10 seconds. I'll order a new MB but I just wanted to make sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users