Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zune uinstall question?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WhatDidUJustSay

WhatDidUJustSay

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

I had the zune player install on my computer a few years ago but didn't like it and uninstalled it.A few weeks ago I reinstalled it to see if they made any changes and to stream stuff to my Xbox.When the player was installed I looked through the music libary and there was a list of old music on there that I deleted a loooonnng time ago that I was able to play.So my question is: is the zune player still installed or are there old files still on my PC ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

:hello:

I myself am a fellow zune user (not much of us left I think)

I will say .. it really depends on if you bought the music from Zune marketplace . or you still have it on your computer.

Upon instailing the New version of Zune, the program probably searched for your music files and added them to your collection.

If you know for sure you deleted those files a while ago, and you sighned in using your Zune Pass / Zune account.
The software could have uploaded your old songs.

How do you lke the New version of Zune , compared to what it used to be ?

#3 DreadedLaser

DreadedLaser

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

They might have been tucked away in an old Zune music folder. I just got a Zune for my Fathers Day Gift for my dad.

#4 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

how does he like it ?

Its pretty easy to pick up on... even if you never really used an MP3 before

#5 DreadedLaser

DreadedLaser

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

He loves it, I got the Zune HD which is much better than the original Zune in my opinion. Its sleeker and feels better in your hand. Its also easier for him to navigate then trying to push the small buttons. I just wish there was a complete redesign of the desktop software, its hard to control how the music is displayed and I think they could do a much better job.

#6 BLUEFIRE0424

BLUEFIRE0424

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

yes I do agree. I have seen a few upgrades to the software, but nothing amazing . they could do alot better

#7 DreadedLaser

DreadedLaser

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

yeah but at the same time I am glad that there is competition with apple and an alternative. I hate iTunes with a passion, it slows my computer to a crawl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users