Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to access my work e-mail from home?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

I need to do some work from home this weekend. I can access my mail fine using the outlook web access that my company has set up through the web. The problem is that I can't efficiently sort, search, and otherwise manipulate my e-mail lists, folders, and individual messages.

How do I get my work e-mail from our exchange server into something a little more versatile? I've never had to use outlook express before, nor thunderbird, nor any of those other e-mail clients that will let me actually USE my e-mail in any sort of productive manner.

Does anyone have a good how-to on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

You would need to contact your company's IT department to get the necessary information, assuming they even allow such. They would have to allow POP3 & SMTP or IMAP connections from outside their perimeter to reach the Exchange server. If they do, they can give you the info to configure your mail client.

You might also need to contact your home ISP since many consumer ISPs block outbound SMTP traffic to help fight spambots.

Edited by Andrew, 25 March 2011 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users