Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, installed new HD, BSOD again! Please help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bccstech

bccstech

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

I have a laptop that was working normally until one day I turned it on and got a BSOD. The error said:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP : 0x0000007B (OxF78D2524, 0xc0000034, 0xc0000000, 0x0000000)

I bought a new hard drive and installed it into the laptop. I moved the old hard drive into an enclosure. I reinstalled the OS (Windows XP Home) and it worked properly for a day. I plugged the old hard drive (now an external hard drive)into the laptop to confirm I was able to access the data on it. The hard drive worked properly, (it autoplayed as normal)but I did not access any files or run any programs. This morning, I got the exact same BSOD. I am unsure if I moved a virus from my old hard drive to the new one, but I do not believe that is the issue. For some reason, I suspect it is a hardware issue. Does anyone have any insight they could give me? Any and all information would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

<<Check for viruses on your computer.>>

I see no mention...that you actually followed this suggestion at all.

Generic info on 7B STOP errors, http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm :

"0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus."

Louis

#3 bccstech

bccstech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

<<Check for viruses on your computer.>>

I see no mention...that you actually followed this suggestion at all.

Generic info on 7B STOP errors, http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm :

"0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus."

Louis

I actually did run several virus scans and nothing showed up... includes malware bytes, dr. web live, and avg free... any other suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users