Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sophos Endpoint Security firewall policy templates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ITstudent2006

ITstudent2006

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

We have recently switched from Symantec to Sophos Endpoint Security 9.5. We have created our groups (depending on workstations, locations, servers, etc..) and each groups is assigned a respective policy for Scanning, Anti-Virus, HIPS, Firewall, Tamper Protection, and Updating.

Now, we want to utilize the Sophos firewall in conjuction to our Watchguard Firebox Firewall. However, when the firewall is enabled it blocks everything and we spend days (literally) adding exceptions for every little thing. (in-house Apps, Internet, Citrix, etc..) but we don't want to disable it (because we want to use it).

My question is this. Is anyone here Sophos certified or at least utilize a version of Sophos/Sophos Management Console? We are looking for a template (premade) that we can work off of(that comes with many corporate rules & allowances already added)that differs from the built-in default template we're currently using. We did plan on justs deploying to my workstation and noting the manual adds but like I stated earlier it was 2 days and I was still adding them continuosly.

Any help would be appreciated.
~si vis pacem para bellum~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users