Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why is a particular website blank on my computer?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1962Carl

1962Carl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

G'day all, I'm in Australia and I've got a strange problem with my computer. For reasons unknown when I try to go to 348-409.com (an old Chevy website), I get a blank page with the following text on a blank page:

(none)58.165.255.196/www.348-409.comMozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; MVH; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)403

I cannot get this website to load at home, but my work computer has no problem accessing this website. My home wireless laptop cannot access it either. I have no problem accessing any other websites and my computer is not having any other problems at all.

I use Internet Explorer on XP on my PC and Firefox on the laptop, but neither can access this website through the same router. I've turned my wireless router off, then back on, but it had no effect. I've flushed my dns because I googled the problem and that was a suggested fix, but it did nothing. I've had this problem with this one website for about 2 weeks and no matter what I try I cannot access this website. It's very frustrating!!!

Any help greatly appreciated, because the 348-409.com website is a rich source of information on old Chevy's and I am restoring a 1962 Impala as a hobby.

Cheers, Carl

Edited by hamluis, 25 March 2011 - 08:25 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:28 AM

Welcome.....

Im using IE6 and it loads OK....

I wonder if they have not added IE8 yet and as a result are denying requests from that browser.....

Edited by 4dude, 25 March 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

I have IE 8, just went to that website with no problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users