Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro from a new user.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nutcracker.

Nutcracker.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

Hi ! from me to you ! I am from the Nordic region, and signed up today to; Bleeping Computer.com. It came to this when i was searching the web for a site/service that could resolve some computer issues that i regularly have. The main issue seems to be; when i attempt to download something like; WordPress, or Google analytics service, is that there is never just one set of instrructions, and step by step guide how to get the job done. The many versions and options and choice come's down to; "Previous understanding and knowledge required before you can do sort through this pile of information". Often there is presumption that all users of computers really understand/have the knowledge to sort through piles and piles of information. There is a lot of things that i would like to do with web sites and the new programs available, but when i get stuck, i really get stuck, then nothing happens (no moving forward), just wasted time, day after day. I can follow instructions, but not the type have more presumptious holes than swiss cheese, and jump abstract limps like a puppy squirrel. That's my (negative) computer experience in a nut shell, i hope to find/see some light at the Bleeping Computer.com. Cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

Welcome ashore my friend,i hope ya like it here!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

Welcome to BC!
There is probably no one set of instructions that will apply to each and every application you want to download; if you are confused by a set of instructions, please don't hesitate to ask a question since it is very likely someone has downloaded it before.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users