Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fport 2.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikeb2623

mikeb2623

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

I am trying to download this program from Mcaffe's website and the cmd screen flashes up and goes away. I tried running it in xp sp3 compatibility mode and the same thing after I get the Win 7 program warning. Any ideas? Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

"This software doesn't provide free trial version or its download link is broken."

Quote from http://www.fport.com-about.com/download.html .

Louis

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

This is a command line only application. Double-clicking on it will launch it and it will perform whatever its default action is and exit.

In order to use it without it immediately disappearing you must first open a command prompt window. Here's a quick tutorial on opening the Windows command line in Windows 7.

Once the command line is open, you must navigate to the directory where the program's file is located. You do this using the cd <directory> command:
C:\>cd Users\Andrew\Desktop
and then entering the name of the program. Most command line programs can have their behavior changed by using arguments or switches after the program name:

C:\>program.exe /argument /switch=parameter
Look at the documentation for the program in order to learn about what arguments it has.

#4 mikeb2623

mikeb2623
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thanks Watchman, Its been a while since I played with DOS type things. i will give it try. I was going to start a new post but I figured I would ask this favor. I have some processes that were using private range port numbers. Let me know if I can post it here or start a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users