Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-directing browser, then re-booting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

At the weekend I Googled Hometrader website, (accomodation etc), but when I clicked on the link I was re-directed to a strange search-engine page. No matter how I tried to access the site it just constantly kept re-directing me to different dodgey looking fake search-engine sites. I scanned my laptop with Spybot, AVG, and Advanced Systemcare, but none of them found anything. I switched it off and it was later that day when I truned it back on again, that AVG started going crazy saying Trojan warning, but it said it was un-successful at cleaning it. I installed Comodo Internet security, which required a re-boot, but since then, all my laptop does is start-up and then re-boot. I started it in Safe-mode and managed to do 1 scan with AVG, which said it had found AVGREP.TXT. I re-booted, but it still does the constant re-booting thing, and now when I select Safe-mode it does nothing. Any ideas as to how I can actually get it to start up and perform some sort of scan, that will rid it of this annoying virus?
Many thanks in advance.

Vancreef

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users