Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 centaur

centaur

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

I bought a new Toshiba and I am trying to connect to the internet through a wireless Modem-Router It says I need a password or key I think that is the wep code pls help tryed at my house now am at another house but still can't I know both places have used wireless befor pls help

Edit: Moved topic from Win 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

You need the ESSID and the WEP key for the router. In my case, FIOS, these numbers are on a sticker attached to the side of the router.

#3 jayges7

jayges7

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

Have you ever connected to a wireless network using your computer? What kind of wireless modem-router are you using? Are you trying to connect in both houses using the same router? Or is it a different one on each house? Are the wireless network protected? If you are trying to connect to a secured network for sure what is asking you is to enter the wep key (password) for the network you are trying to connect. You just need to ask for that password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users