Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hard drive mounting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 serebraldamage

serebraldamage

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:19 PM

another hard drive question.

I currently have a 37gb hd, a 40gb hd, a 120gb hd, and a 200gb hd.

can i mount one of them where i would normally have a floppy disk drive installed or does it need to be in a spot where one of the fans can hit it.

this is the case i have http://www.xoxide.com/newlianli60.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:51 PM

It would be best to have the hard drive in a location where it will receive some ventillation. Hard drives do generate quite a bit of heat so it is definitely advised. With your case you should have more than enough placing all your hard drives in a way that they have enough breathing room and are properly ventilated.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:52 PM

Very pretty case! Im thinking about getting one similar myself! It looks like it has good air circulation. Never mind it looks to be covered...
Sorry for not being any more help!

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 23 October 2004 - 10:53 PM.

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

The side mounting arrangement on a floppy unit differs from those on hard drives. The bay is smaller in width. Your case should have four positions for hard drives, so they would be stacked below the floppy drive location, which is itself below the optical drive locations. Fan cooling may not be optimally arranged. You might consider using a "baffle" panel (a piece of heavy paper works) that can route the airflow a little better past the unused floppy drive bay onto the hard drives, using the front fan as intake and that pair of side fans as exhaust. Rear fan could also be intake. Just an idea. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 serebraldamage

serebraldamage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:36 AM

i see the problem now. there is room for 4 but my friend put the first on in the wrong spot. i will take care of that later. thanks for all the help.

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:53 AM

that makes two of us in a position to say "NP" :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users